After multiple failed flights, when X-Plane unexpectedly crashed mid-air, I started to save my flight status periodically. I was hoping that this situation will not happen, but it happened - the sim is crashed again. After loading X-Plane back and starting the new flight from my departure airport, I pressed the "Load Flight #1" button in AviTab. The computer is stuck for a few seconds and after that I was flying on FL350 with a cold & dark cockpit.
So, to resume your flight from the checkpoint, you need to complete these actions:
- Load your flight in any airport (in my case, I loaded in my original departure airport)
- Attach GPU
- Power on the airplane battery
- Start IRS alignment
- Put your current coordinates in the FMC
- Start APU or connect an external air pressure unit
- After APU started / external air pressure unit connected, begin to start your engines
- After IRS alignment is completed and engines are running, switch power to generators, turn off APU / external air pressure unit, release parking brake
- Press "Load Flight #" button in AviTab
After a few seconds, you will be continuing your flight from the saved checkpoint!